Calcium Pill

30 Ways: SpartAce
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Calcium Pill
Author: s—
Pairing: SpartAce
Theme: #28 — Wada Calcium CD3 (it's a calcium pill)
Disclaimer: This work is purely fictional and does not imply any actual relationship or events of any real life counterparts. 

 

Ji Hyo observed the neatly packaged box that Jong Kook had given to her earlier that night. He had laughed and said to open it up at home with an eager grin that made her think of someone far younger than his years.

What was it that Jong Kook could have given her?

Her heart couldn’t help but speed up at a little bit, that Jong Kook had thought of her outside of the time she spent with him, enough to pick up a physical object to present to her. It certainly wasn’t her birthday, and he had already given her his present then, a box of her favorite snacks and many pairs of comfy, warm socks.

Normally she would have torn it open in her excitement, to get it over with, but today she felt like relishing in the neatness of it. He was oddly meticulous with his things, she noted, peeling off each carefully pasted cellophane tape along the neatly creased folds.

At last the wrappers revealed to her…. a box of calcium supplements.

 

“Of course… what else was I expecting?” she laughed.

 

Ji Hyo scoffed at her own foolishness. Of course an exercise mania like Jong Kook would gift to her vitamin supplements, whatever they were. It was so him- Gwang Soo and Gary would have told her such that a vitamin supplement gift from Jong Kook was inevitable, and it meant that he held you fondly as a friend. Ji Hyo glanced at the wall clock. Jong Kook normally chatted with her on Fridays, but today he had a prior engagement— “I promised Kyung Min I would help with his first anniversary event especially since the rest of us are busy. Married men, geez.”

That had been several hours ago. By now he should be free, right?

 

Jong Kook picked up on the third ring.

 

“Did you open the box?” That's what she liked about his phone calls. As of late, they had moved past the point of 'hello?' or even some form of 'why did you call' and dove straight into whatever subject at hand. She would have chided him for being impatient, if his question wan't the exact thing that she called him for. 

 

“I can’t believe you got me vitamin supplements, of all things. Just when I thought you couldn’t get any worse,” Ji Hyo teased, turning around the now large cylinder container. “Are you trying to tell me something here?”

 

“Well for someone who clearly doesn’t like me, I’m surprised you keep calling, hm? Now what is that telling me?”

 

“That I should stop? Alright that’s it I’m hanging up, oppa— nice talking to you, good night—”

 

“Ah, come on Ji Hyo. You know I didn’t mean it like that.” Jong Kook’s voice had a hint of whining in it that one would have never tho

Please log in to read the full chapter